figure 1: sign in screen
- The username to sign in to this area is always the Holsteiner Verband membership number. The password (consisting of least 5 to max 20 characters) and comprising letters and at least 1 digit (blanks are not allowed) may be selected at will. Just keep in mind that our system is case sensitive, so you have to remember the exact spelling.
figure 2: request to enter your email in order to create your account
- Once you have registered and your membership number has been checked, you are requested to enter a valid email address.
figure 3: confirmation you have created your account.
You are almost there! To activate your online Foal Report account, you now just have to click the web link in the activation mail sent to your email account. For security reasons, the Foal Report account must be activated within 24 hours after it has been created. If this does not happen, or the web link is clicked too late, the account remains locked and can only be activated by the Holsteiner Verband (phone + 49 (0)4 31-30 59 960).
- In case a wrong password is entered three times in succession during sign in, access is blocked in your own interest. In this case as well, only the Holsteiner Verband can reactivate your account and enable access again. Please contact.
figure 4: confirmation of successful sign in
- When you are signed in successfully you may change your password (without receiving another email notification).
- A click on the button "continue with foal report" will take you to a list of your mares bred this year!
List of mares bred:
figure 5: list of mares bred
- The screen shows a list of the mares bred, giving their life number, name, sire, dam, damsire, the date they were bred on and by which stallion.
The last column may already contain an "I" (internet report) or a "P" (report by post).
- If no Foal Report has been submitted yet, the button with the mares life number is active. Click this button to continue with the Foal Report.
- If the online Foal/No Foal Report for this mare has been submitted and the data have already been processed by the Holsteiner Verband, this foal cannot be accessed online and the button with the mares life number is grayed-out/inactive.
- If the foal data have not been processed by the Holsteiner Verband yet, the foal data may be changed and corrected.
- If a mares Foal/No Foal Report has been sent by post, the online option is no longer viable.
- Click the button with the mares life number (if active) to access the Foal Report entry mask.
Foal/No Foal Report:
- Here is where you generate your Foal Report or where you may correct your online Foal Report (not always possible).
- Entering the 12-digit livestock owner number is mandatory for members from Germany, as no Equine Passport may be issued for a foal without an existing livestock owner number. This is a lasting identification number given to each facility/farm in Germany where horses are being kept (and where foals are born) by the district veterinary office in charge.
- The dialog already contains some mare information and the appropriate breeding data known to us and cannot be accessed by you.
figure 6: other mating
- The field other mating may be used to enter a date of breeding other than the one known to us.
In case you enter a different date of breeding in this field, you have to fill in all the other fields concerning this mating as well.
figure 7: entry mask foal data
- To report a living foal, you have to complete the fields date of birth (format DD.MM.YYYY) and place of birth (spelling ä, ö, ü as ae, oe, ue). The field TRD means duration of pregnancy, is automatically computed by the system (from date of breeding and date of birth) and cannot be accessed by you. Please select the appropriate term from the drop down list to fill in the mandatory fields sex, colour, and markings.
figure 8: No Foal Report
- The field no viable foal must only be completed by selecting from the drop down list when no normal birth has taken place. In this case, all other fields are grayed and cannot be accessed.
- The use of the buttons or depends on the pre-existing data already stored.
The button is offered when no foal of this dam has been recorded yet or when a twin birth has been reported. This means, this button is used to save a previously non-existent Foal Report.
The button is offered when an online Foal Report has already been submitted and stored but not processed by the Holsteiner Verband.
- The button takes you back to the list of mares bred to continue your recording.
- By clicking the button, all entries are reset to default value.
- The button completes your recording and takes you back to the Holsteiner Verband homepage.